You may be a serious writer if ….
- your hard drive is littered with random notes and story ideas … but not nearly as littered as your head.
- you keep pen and paper next to your bed. And in the glove compartment. And in your gym bag. Also on the rim of the bathtub.
- a day without Roget’s Thesaurus is a day without sunshine.
- your emotional landscape includes creativity, confidence, elation, frustration, and the occasional neurosis.
- you’ve ever had to clean peanut butter and bread crumbs off your keyboard, because the work was going well, and you didn’t want to stop for lunch.
- grammar and punctuation turn you on.
- your interest in a new acquaintance is directly proportionate to his/her potential as a secondary character.
- you’ve worn the white e, r, s, and t clean off your keyboard.
- the search history on your web browser would raise red flags with the FBI, CIA, DEA, and mental health professionals everywhere.
- you have stories to tell, and you just. Keep. Telling. Them.